“Energy and persistence conquer all things.”
If I told you that fat could give you more energy, would you believe me?
A decade ago I wouldn’t have believed myself. I used to crave carbs and avoid fat while wrestling with chronic headaches and fatigue.
As I work with clients and help them incorporate a diet that includes healthy fat, it is quite rewarding to see first hand the positive changes in their body composition, hormonal balance, energy levels, inflammation, pain, and metabolism.
Sometimes we do lack both energy and persistence when it comes to our health goals. “I know how to eat healthy, I just don’t do it” is a common phrase I hear. Regardless, I have seen people succeed despite all odds. So maybe, just maybe a little education coupled with accountability, could do the trick.
Do you know how to eat healthy? Many people still assume healthy means eating a low fat diet.
Take a look at this list of benefits from a Ketogenic or a Low carb-High fat diet.
Healthy fat is a very important ingredient that often gets left out of our daily eating habits. Instead of snacking on quick easy carbs try these Low Carb Vanilla Protein Energy Balls.
Vanilla Protein Energy Balls
Affiliate links are added to this recipe. If you choose to purchase from these links, I may receive compensation at no extra charge to you. Thank you!
1 scoop Vanilla Paleo Protein Powder (use plant based protein for Vegan version)
1/2 cup Raw Unsalted Almond Butter
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 TBS Raw Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Organic Flax Seeds
1/4 cup Organic Chia Seeds
2-3 TBS Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Chips (optional) -omit for Ketogenic diet
2-3 TBS Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes (optional)
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips and coconut flakes into a bowl and mix together with a fork until well combined and forms a dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls with your hands.
- Place chococolate chips and coconut flakes on a plate and roll the balls into the mixture until coated.
- Place in an air tight container and keep in the fridge for chewier version
- Place in an air tight container and keep in the freezer for a crunchier version.
- You can eat right away but they stay together better afte they have been chilled.