“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
-Charles M. Schulz
In my early twenties, I lived with a delightful couple. Martha would make her favorite dessert, graham cracker sandwiches filled with vanilla frosting, and store them in the garage freezer hoping to forget about them and not eat as many in one sitting. Out of sight, out of mind I guess! Although every time I walked through the garage, I tried to sneak a treat for myself.
Well, these delicious melt-in-your-mouth delights are considered low carb/high fat (LCHF) which means you can enjoy them without the guilt or the spike in blood sugar. They are very easy to make and are stored in the freezer. The good thing about eating this high fat treat is giving your body more energy without the crash often found in caffeine and sugar. 100% Raw Cacao is an antioxidant, and a great source of Magnesium and fiber.
Like Mr. Shulz says, all you need is
love chocolate, so give them a try and comment below how much you love them.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links, of which I participate. Read my full disclosure in terms and conditions if you need more info.
Raw Cacao and Almond Fat Bombs
adapted from HomemadeFoodJunkie
1/2 cup Organic Urefined Coconut Oil (or you can use Raw Coconut Butter)
1/2 cup Unsalted Almond Butter
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
Sprinkle of Himalayan Salt
3/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
1/3 cup Raw Almonds
- Place all ingredients except vanilla and almonds in a sauce pan
- Heat on low and stir till melted and combined
- Remove pan from heat
- Stir in the vanilla and almonds
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into 6 ramekins (1/2 full) .
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Remove from freezer and let thaw 2 minutes before sliding them out of the Ramekins
- Store in air tight container and keep in freezer.
*Maple Syrup gives it a rich sweetness, so if you are strict with your Ketogenic diet and watching your carb intake then omit the maple syrup and substitute with a drop or two of Stevia to taste.
*You can sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes on top before freezing
Chocolate Almond Bacon Bark
- Use above fat bomb recipe. After the chocolate is made add cooked nitrate/nitrite free bacon strips or pieces.
- Pour into a parchment lined 2 Qt glass baking dish then place in freezer
- Once frozen, break into pieces
- Store in airtight container in freezer for optimum longevity
- Try to eat just one, I dare you.
- Want holiday bark instead? Add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract! delish