Melanie made me believe in Physical Therapy again. (Roxanne G.)
Are you feeling stuck in your body or stuck in the pain cycle? I help people just like you!
Treating the why, not the what
The best physical therapist doesn’t focus on the “what.” The best physical therapist treats the why! The why starts with your full story behind your current complaint. The why also includes the reason behind why your particular movement dysfunction is present. For example…
The what: Knee pain
The why: You are afraid you won’t be able to run again because your knee pain is daily limiting your activities. So you walk and try to exercise but are afraid of further injuring yourself. The knee pain could be from a specific knee injury however in most of my patients the area of the pain is not also the driver of the pain. For instance the knee pain could be due to a weak abdominal system, and limited hip rotation thus the Load on the leg is not evenly distributed as it should be and causing too much strain on the knee.
Whats your why?
- Are you stuck in your body with pain and tension that doesn’t seem to alleviate?
- Are you afraid to exercise again for fear of injury or re-injury?
- Are you unable to get a strong core no matter what exercise program you try?
- Are you tired of feeling stuck in your posture and cant seem to correct it?
- Are you afraid your Diastasis Recti will never fully close or heal?
- Are you frustrated that you get some relief of symptoms but it never lasts?
At Remedy PT, we take time to listen and partner with you, the individual client, to problem solve the root cause of your functional limitations and provide effective solutions. We empower you to be proactive in your own healing. Healing can happen. Don’t ever give up hope. Remedy Physical Therapy & Wellness, Inc. was started out of a desire to transform patient care to be a comprehensive model that combines your full story, your functional ability, and the full wellness cycle: breathing, nutrition, movement, sleep, and mindset.
Have the confidence that you are on the right path to full restoration to be able to move freely again.
- I can hardly believe how much it has helped me! I have gotten out and about more and am feeling like I am starting to heal. (Ann L. after first visit)
- In just our first treatment Melanie was able to reduce my neck pain by working on my tail bone, she was able to reduce the fascial tension and I was able to turn my neck side to side more than I can ever remember. (Kacie H.)
- I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to improve their strength and mobility. (Tracy M.)
- What sets Melanie apart from other PT’s is that she takes a holistic and personable approach in treating her patients. Melanie solely works one on one with her patients allowing for a more personable and in depth session. Melanie is extremely knowledgeable not only in physical therapy but in full body wellness. (Donna C.)
Melanie Connell has been a Physical Therapist for over 18 years with certifications in manual therapy and nutritional health coaching. She is the author of the ebook, How To Tame Your Sweet Tooth: A Remedy.
Website content is informative and not intended to treat or diagnose. Please see disclaimer for more details.